Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2013

The MVTF in Menlo Park

This Saturday I found after several delays the time to visit this very interesting museum.
I checked the location the day before with Google Earth as they are located in a beautiful corner of Menlo Park, really nice but hard to find.
After passing the gate you come to a huge complex with in total 4 garages. Each garage is full with tanks from World War I until nearly modern tanks.
I had the luck to catch one of the best guides they have. So I heard a lot about the tanks from the Korean and Vietnam war they have.
My highlight was their German Panzer V, the Panther. They told me, that it is ready to drive.
I can tell you only, if you have a chance to pass by, take one of their tours, it is the time more than worth.

Here some of their highlights:









 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Please fell free to leave a comment

10/52 Autocannone da 90/53 su Autocarro Semicingolato Breda 61

  Breda Autocannone da 90/53 in 1/144 Neben dem Lancia 3 Ro gab es noch weitere Fahrzeuge die als Trägerfahrzeug für die Autocannone 90/53 d...